Frequently Asked Questions

Here are a number of Frequently Asked Questions about the Plan. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, call us on 0118 313 0870 or email [email protected]

Getting help with finances and pensions

XPS Administration are responsible for the day-to-day running of the plan and should be your first port of call if you have any questions. Their contact details are on the bottom of this page.

You can also still write to us at:

XPS Administration
Fishponds Road,
RG41 2QE

MoneyHelper is a free government service merging the Money Advice Service, the Pensions Advisory Service and Pension Wise. MoneyHelper is here to make your money and pension choices clearer, cut through the complexity and explain what you need to do and how you can do it.

If you need independent financial advice, you can find an independent financial adviser (IFA) in your area by visiting the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) register or using MoneyHelper.

Please note that an IFA will normally charge you for the advice they provide so you’ll need to check this with them. Neither NTL nor the Plan will cover the cost of any such advice.

If you’ve got any concerns about any independent financial advice, you’ve received you can contact the FCA

We've set out useful information about pension scams on the Scams page, highlighting action you can take to protect your savings.

The NTL Pension Association (NTLPA) was established to understand, promote and represent the pension interests of its members, who include a substantial minority of the members of the Plan. It is run voluntarily by ex-NTL staff who monitor the state of the Plan and maintain a working relationship with the Trustees.

The NTLPA stays in contact with over 400 members through a quarterly newsletters and its website. It also encourages and fosters communication and social contact between members. Membership costs £10 a year. To join NTLPA, click here. Alternatively, you can request a joining pack from NTLPA’s Secretary, currently Trevor Birkbeck. You can email him or write to him at:

The Granary 
Nr Masham
N. Yorkshire

Tracing old or lost pensions

The Pension Tracing Service is a free government service. It searches a database of more than 200,000 workplace and personal pension schemes to try to find the contact details you need:

Pension Tracing Service
The Pension Service 9,
Mail Handling Site A,
Wolverhampton, WV98 1LU

0800 731 0193

Making a complaint

If you’d like to make a complaint, please contact XPS Administration first. If your complaint can’t be resolved, the Trustee has an Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure if you wish to escalate your complaint. You can start the process using the Initial Complaint Form, in Appendix 1 of the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure.

If you need to take your complaint further, The Pensions Ombudsman is an independent organisation set up by law to help people resolve their pension disputes and complaints. They are completely impartial and the service is free.

The Pensions Ombudsman
10 South Colonnade,
Canary Wharf, E14 4PU

0800 917 4487