Frequently asked questions

If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, call us on 0118 313 0744 or send us an email.

Using your member account

To register for the member site, please click on the 'Log in' button at the top of the page and enter your Username and Password then follow the instructions on screen.

If you have already registered for the MyPension then you will find a password reset link on the welcome screen. If you have not previously registered and no longer have your registration details, you can get the information you need by emailing [email protected] and they should get back to you in two working days.

Your pension savings and investments

If you have a DB pension in the Plan that you are no longer building up, you can ask XPS Administration for your 'transfer value' (there is a limit to the number of times you can do this without charge). This is the amount that you could transfer to another pension arrangement. Transferring means you and your dependants would have no DB benefits left in the Plan. You should take advice before considering your options (you have to if your transfer value is at least £30,000); you can find an adviser using Unbiased

Your retirement

The earliest you can retire is 55, whether you’re a man or a woman. The earlier you retire the longer your pension will be paid for so the lower it is likely to be.

Contact the XPS Administration team who can highlight the retirement options available to you. The team can explain your options but can’t tell you what to do; an Independent Financial Adviser can help with this.

No, the Atkins Pension Plan does not offer this service. To access income drawdown or other flexible retirement options, you would need to transfer your pension to another pension arrangement. You should talk to an Independent Financial Adviser before thinking about transferring.

Getting help and advice

No, they can give you information about your pension but not advice on how, where or when to invest, contribute or take your pension. You should speak to an Independent Financial Adviser if you want personal advice about your retirement plans.

You can get general pensions guidance from the Pensions Advisory Service, an independent voluntary organisation. For personal advice, you should talk to an FCA regulated financial adviser; you can find a local registered adviser at the Money Advice Service or Unbiased.

All feedback and complaints should be sent to the administration team initially, they will then let you know the next steps.